Italian Courses are held in the morning from Monday to Friday.
All courses are split into 6 levels (A1-C2), from Beginner to Advanced, (European Framework of Reference).
The primary aim of my courses is to encourage and facilitate language learning with excellent results. To these ends, I use a communicative and situational approach which allows students:
- To achieve practical and communicative goals
- To learn Italian in a natural way and start speaking in a short time
- To improve and perfect their use of grammar
General Italian courses
Communicative lessons with engaging and entertaining grammatical deepening
- Courses for small groups of 5/6 students maximum (15 weekly hours packet for 1 or 2 weeks)
- Personalised and flexible courses for 1/2 participants (of the same level)(10 or 15 weekly hours packets)
- Courses for preparation to CELI and/or CILS Exams (10/20 hours packets)
Cooking courses (ITA/USA)
In Italy cooking is an Art, a Celebration, eating well a “Slow & Tasty” pleasure to share with others.
To those who love food and love to cook, Casa delle culture offers Italian Language and Home Cooking Courses in our home in Norman (Oklahoma) and in our trullos in Cisternino (Apuglia).
I offer you a culinary “journey” to the roots of traditional Italian cooking by the way of recipes and tales evoking flavors and aromas of Greek, Roman, Arab, and Norman cultures. You will learn to cook typical, traditional, Italian dishes while learning how to choose best food products, homemade food, and to save without having to renounce to food quality.
Together we will make delicious wholesome dishes with seasonal produce of the land and of the sea.
The course Mani in Pasta provides:
- An historical background and introduction to traditional homemade cooking recipes
- A brief introduction to raw materials and seasonal produce
- Preparation of main Italian traditional dishes such as: fresh pasta, pizze and focacce, risotto, rice arancine, eggplant parmesan, soups with winter vegetables, delicious summer salads, irresistible desserts
Required levels: starting from A2. 1 week course including 10 hours Italian lessons in the morning , 3 cooking lessons of 3 h P.M and 1 half/day afternoon trip. Arrival on Sunday afternoon, and departure by 11:00 A.M. on Saturday
Italian Lessons on Skype from the convenience of your own home or workplace.
You can choose among:
Courses designed for:
- Internships and business trips
- Maintaining and/or improving your level of competence/proficiency
The standard online lesson will provide:
- Didactic materials
- Preparation for effective level of communication
- Preparation to write e-mails, written reports, and essays
- Acquisition of knowledge/ability to analyze written materials (newspaper articles, magazines, literature excerpts and so forth)
- Correction of homework
Individual lessons are designed to prepare professionals to speak Italian in a work environment related to tourism, business, economy, medicine, food, and so forth.
The online lesson prepares all levels of students:
- To socialize in business meetings and social events
- To present papers
- To understand work meetings, video-conferences
- To communicate over the phone
- To know specific vocabulary
- To understand written texts (business correspondence, websites, documentaries)
- To be able to communicate via emails, letters, and reports
10 or 20 hours packets.
Anyone who has little time but still wants to achieve important linguistic goals, without missing out on the pleasure of a holiday, can choose a:
Is a week-long intensive Italian course at the teacher’s house.
- 1 week 15/h in the morning + half board accommodation (breakfast and dinner)
- 2 afternoon trips (ITA); one 3h Cooking lesson (USA)
- Arrival on Sunday afternoon, and departure by 11:00 A.M. on Saturday
It is an intensive “itinerant” course based around every day or specialized communication.
Lessons take part both at the teacher’s house and around the town, in markets, and in Locorotondo and Cisternino characteristic alleys. The course includes tours by scooter, or by bike, and walks through centuries-old olive groves in the enchanting Apulian countryside.
The course includes 1 week 20/h in the morning with arrival on Sunday afternoon, and departure by 11:00 A.M. on Saturday.
For those who love Italy and Italian Art, Courses on Cinema, Literature, Italian Current Affairs, Arts and Crafts and its rich folklore are available on request.
As well as helping you to learn Italian, these specialist courses provide an insight into some of the most distinctive aspects of Italian culture.
Levels from B2-C1-C2. 1 week 20/h in the morning with 1rrival on Sunday afternoon, and departure by 11:00 A.M. on Saturday.